Tuesday 8 May 2012

So, it's actually happening...

So Friday is The Big Day; a mere 55ish hours from now I shall be jetting off  to the land of maple syrup and Mounties! Oh, has it been a long time coming.  The last three months have been some of the most stressful of my life; the agonising wait for my visa was a torture I wouldn't wish on anyone. The endless delays left my nerves a little frayed, and it got to the point a couple of weeks ago where I'd completely given up and had pretty much decided I wasn't going to go, I just couldn't take the stress anymore. I should have left on the last weekend of April, but no visa meant it was a no go.  However, finally after twelve nail biting weeks of waiting, my visa came through last week. So it's all worked out in the end.

The past week has been a bit of a mental rush to get everything sorted, but I'm pretty much done now.  All that's left to do is to somehow employ a modicum of military precision in order to get everything I need for the duration of my stay into a couple of suitcases.  I am not good at travelling light.  I'm the sort of person who thinks 'I might need that, better take it', and while I will need clothes/gear for three seasons I cannot take everything including the proverbial kitchen sink! Sigh.
I'll figure it out somehow.

So this is what it's all about The Rainbow Heritage Garden, my home for the next seven months. It's going to be an adventure, and I'm looking forward to sharing it will you all!

xx

3 comments:

  1. Best of luck Roo, safe travelling and looking forward to hearing about all your adventures! Carlene :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurrah - so pleased that the visa came through. Have a fabulous time, look forward to reading your blog and don't get snowed in!! (did you pack a snow shovel?)
    Zoe and Eric xx

    ReplyDelete